Sunday, February 04, 2018

NEW PAINTINGS

Some time ago my son and his wife asked me to paint two paintings for their dining room. They requested a certain size and they let me decide what to paint. I knew both of them are not into traditional art so 16th century Dutch realism was out. I decided to paint something half crazy - modern art - if you will.

At the same time my wife saw several paintings in local gallery. The paintings were modern looking paintings of trees. She talked me into painting something like that. After a long thought process I jumped right in.

Both paintings were done in acrylics and took about 3 days each. The second painting has an oil pastel on top of the acrylics.



It is worth mentioning that upon closer examination of the second painting, I saw a dog above the trees right in the center. This happened without trying to paint anything in that spot. Only one person to date noticed the dog.

No comments: